Whether you have one investment buy to let property or many, our specialist landlord accountants will help you stay on top of your finances to ensure you’re operating as tax-efficiently as possible.
Tax advice for landlords
Are you a current landlord with a rental property portfolio? Are you considering making a property investment to generate extra income?
Feeling overwhelmed by the myriad rules, regulations and responsibilities that need to be adhered to?
Concerned that the confusion will put you at risk of fines and hefty backdated bills from HRMC?
Feel like your investment isn’t generating enough rental income as it should be, and your tax liabilities are unreasonably high?
It’s hardly surprising. Property investment is an ever-changing landscape and brings with it so many considerations. Luckily, by working with our landlord accountants you can take advantage of the many property related tax savings that exist.
A complete landlord accountancy service
As a landlord or property investor in the UK, there are lots of taxes you need to be aware of:
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) when you purchase a residential or commercial property
• Value Added Tax (VAT) when you buy certain properties and refurbishment them
• Income tax based on the buy to let property profits made in your own name
• Corporation tax on the buy-to-let property profits made in a limited company
• Annual Tax Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) on certain residential property investments that are held within a limited company
• Capital Gains Tax (CGT) on the disposal of a buy-to-let property investment
• Inheritance tax when you die
The right advice at the right time from the right experts, is critical to ensuring that your complicated and time-consuming tax returns are being completed correctly and saving you as much money as possible.
Our property investor / landlord tax accountants are here to:
• Devise the most tax-efficient way of purchasing and managing your buy-to-let property
• Maximise each of the tax reliefs, deductions and expenses landlords can claim
• Prepare all your accounts and tax returns in full compliance with HMRC rules and regulations
• Offer advice on the investment of your rental income and the best ways of offsetting your own mortgage
The rules, regulations and subsequent calculations for your property tax, depend on your circumstances and whether you’re renting out a residential property, a holiday letting or a single room in your own residence. Your residential status also has an impact.
Our team is equipped to reduce your liability as much as possible whatever your tax position.
Why choose our landlord accounting service?
Whenever you’re looking to buy, refurbish, sell, let or maintain a property investment, we act quickly and proactively to minimise each type of tax you will face.
We use a 100+ point checklist to assess your specific situation and ensure that no potential tax reductions have been missed and that you stay on the right side of the law.
We always review the tax position of self-assessment tax returns with our clients. We also provide you with a three to four year forecast of how much tax you’re likely to owe. This is particularly useful given the Section 24 mortgage interest relief cap. This means we can plan as many tax reducing strategies as possible ahead of time.
Our subscription-based pricing is easy to understand and always honest. We’ll never overcharge you unnecessarily, and the savings our ACCA and ATT qualified landlord accountants can deliver will significantly exceed our fees.
As well as an ongoing relationship with our tax consultants, you can book a dedicated 60-minute landlord tax advice call. In these calls our qualified accountants:
• Review your situation – including your properties, income, mortgage payments and your previous tax returns
• Identify solutions to minimise your tax bill on your property investments and rental income
• Share the call recording and notes from the session so that you can implement the agreed tax reduction strategy immediately
As well as being the accountants landlords turn to, we also offer:
• CGT accountancy services
• Inheritance tax mitigation services
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) mitigation and refund services
Property tax knowledge hub
Stay up to date with the latest property and inheritance tax legislation with insight from our senior property accountants.