Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm +44 115 939 4606
Despite sweeping tax changes, buy to let property is still an excellent investment. We can help you get the most out of your property with expert buy to let accountants specialising in:
• Stamp Duty Land tax (SDLT) when buying a buy to let property
• VAT on property purchases, refurbishment and certain property conversions
• Income tax on property profit
• Capital Gains Tax (CGT) when selling or gifting buy to let investments
• IHT on buy to let investments
• Changes to UK tax law that impact landlords
We’ll help you determine the most tax-efficient way for you to purchase and manage your buy to let property. We do this by maximising the tax reliefs, deductions, and expenses available to you.
For example, one of our clients is an additional rate taxpayer. This means that they pay 45% tax on their income. Due to the government changes and Section 24, we forecast that the tax liability would increase from 45% to 135%. After a few discussions, we were able to reduce the tax liability from the forecasted 135% to 62%. While this isn’t the 45% income tax banded rate, it’s certainly better than giving away all their profits to the banks and HMRC.
The specific rules and regulations which are used to calculate your buy to let tax are dependent on several factors, including the nature of the property in question. If you’re renting out a residential property, you’ll have a different calculation to if you were offering holiday letting, which is different from letting a single room in your residence. Additionally, your personal residential status has an impact.
We will ensure you are as tax efficient as possible when preparing all of your accounts and tax returns in full compliance with HMRC. We also run four-year tax forecasts for each client tailored to your specific circumstances. That way, you can confidently plan and reduce the impact on your hard-earned income, ahead of time.
At Optimise Accountants, we’re serious about providing the best possible service. To that end, all of our property accountants are qualified by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
We offer competitive pricing and provide excellent value for money. By tailoring our services to your particular situation, we can spot opportunities to reduce your tax liability which you may have missed. For some clients, an ongoing consultation isn’t necessary and a quick, one-hour long call with our buy to let accountants is all you need. In these calls, our team begins by reviewing your properties, income, mortgage payments, and previous tax returns. Next, they identify your options for reducing your tax bill on your property investments and rental income. Finally, they’ll share the call recording and notes from the session with you so that you can start implementing the agreed tax reduction strategy immediately.
As well as being accountants for buy to let landlords we also offer:
• Capital Gains Tax (CGT) mitigation services
• Inheritance tax mitigation services
• Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) mitigation and refund services
Property tax knowledge hub
Stay up to date with the latest buy to let tax legislation with insight from our senior property accountants on our online knowledge hub.
Book a call to discuss our property accountancy services
Use the code “Art15” to get 15% discount
We offer the two following options for initial consultations.
CALL OPTION ONE
We charge on a fixed monthly fee
- Accounts submitted to HMRC & Companies House
- Tax support when needed (no extra charge)
- An holistic review of your tax structure and future plans
- Annual tax return review to discuss future tax plans
CALL OPTION TWO
Want tax advice right now? Book today
- Upload your questions in advance
- A qualified tax advisors discuss the very best solution with you
- A tax report & meeting recording is sent within 48 hours
- Clarification questions are answered via email
bonus new member
slot bet 200