star rating

Brilliant is the word I'd describe. Great instructions and cleared up my issue straight away. Well worth the cost.

Peter Clarke

Google Review

Our tax portal

We have a number of features on this course
- Meet with Simon every Wednesday at 7pm to ask your tax questions
- 10+ tax calculators that you can use online
- 50+ tax video guides for the self-employed, products sales companies and investors
- 50+ step by step guide of how to save tax

Types of tax you will want to reduce

Stamp Duty land Tax (SDLT)

When you are buying a property investment

Value Added Tax (VAT)

Charging and claiming VAT on products and services.

Income Tax

Tax on the profits you make as a self employed person or other investment income you receive

Corporation Tax

On the profits that you make within a limited company

Capital Gains Tax (CGT)

Tax when selling investments that you have made

Inheritance Tax (IHT)

Tax that you or your loved ones will pay upon death

What our clients say.

Want to watch us save you tax?

You can join Simon Misiewicz, the co-founder, of Optimise Accountants each Wednesday to stay on top of the world of tax changes. There are also over 50+ tax videos for you to watch and learn how to be more tax-efficient in the future.

Why should I sign up for this course?

There are so many tax changes going on all the time. It is difficult to keep on top of them,. That is why we have developed a course that provides answers to the ultimate question of "You don't know what you. don't know.

How can I gift my assets to my children to avoid IHT?

It is possible to gift a buy to let property investment to a child. In the majority of times, you will pay Capital Gains Tax (CGT) when passing a buy to let property to a child. However, using a trust wrapper allows you to use your IHT lifetime allowance rather than being charged CGT. See the article for more details:

How do I extract cash out of a limited company in the most tax efficient way?

There are many ways in which you can extract money from a limited company. The most obvious ones are wages and dividends. However, there are many golden nuggets that may be extracted from your limited company gold mine. Please see this article to see how you can extract more than just wages and dividends. Article:

How do I transfer a property into a limited company?

Transferring properties to a limited company from your personal name will in the majority of occasions incur a Capital Gains Tax (CGT) charge on uoi as the seller. You will also have a Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) charge by the purchasing limited company. Both of these may be avoided using the incorporation reliefs of moving properties to a limited company via a partnership. Read our article here:

How do I mitigate Capital Gains Tax on a disposal of an asset?

Capital Gains Tax (CGT) will be charged when you sell a buy to let property and you have made a taxable gain. However, it is possible to minimise the amount of CGT that is paid to zero. Please read our article as we explore the many ways in which CGT may be reduced

When does Stamp Duty Land tax apply to property developers and when doesn’t it?

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is a tax that is paid by property investors and developers when a property is purchased. There is also the new 3% SDLT surcharge that applies to residential property investments. However, like many taxes SDLT is optional. As a property developer, it is possible not to pay SDLT on residential property investments. In this article, we explore the many ways in which SDLT may be avoided altogether:

How does Section 24 (mortgage interest relief) affect my tax position?

Section 24 mortgage interest relief cap started to come into effect 2017/18 with the reduction of 25% to the amount of mortgage interest that is allowed to be offset against your property income. From 2020/21 landlords will no longer be able to offset mortgage interest against their property income. This means that the majority of landlords will pay more tax. In this article, we explore what Section 24 is, how it will affect you as a property investor and what may be done to mitigate its effect. Article:

What VAT considerations do I need to have for serviced accommodation?

Rent is normally VAT exempt. Therefore many landlords will not charge their tenant’s VAT on their rent. However, this is a little more complex for those that have serviced accommodation/holiday lets. Once your turnover exceeds £85,000 you will need to register for VAT. This could be a problem as you may lose business by charging this extra 20% cost. In this article, we explore the implications of VAT and how you could use the flat rate scheme to mitigate the potential negative impact. Article:

Enrol on our online accounting course

Consultation options.

We offer the two following options for initial consultations.


Discuss our monthly retained accountancy services

This is a call to discuss our monthly retained accountancy services. This is not a tax call

  • Discuss our monthly retained accountancy services

  • Talk to use about your situation

  • Tell us what tax pains you have

  • We will look into your case and identify the right service for you

Discuss our services


Pro active tax advice

(Free for clients)

Need tax advice right now? Let us identify the tax solution

  • Upload your questions in advance

  • All of our Tax Advisors collectively discuss your questions in the morning

  • One of our qualified tax advisors will provide the very best solution to you

  • We follow up with an email and a recording of the meeting

  • You and the tax advisor will clear up any remaining questions in an email exchange

Tax call from £699.95

Booking your appointment.