Posted by Simon Misiewicz on 5th June 2013
Do you often get mixed messages from accountants and HMRC in regards to what expenses you can submit and can’t?
Would you like a simple list of expenses that you can safely set off against your property income? Well, you are in luck. I have provided you with a simple list just below – Enjoy
- Repairs: exterior and interior painting, damp treatment, stone cleaning, roof repairs, furniture repairs
- Rents and leases
- Business Rates
- Council tax
- Water Rates
- Ground Rents
- Maintenance: cleaning, gardening
- Loan interest and finance charges
- Legal and professional costs
- Utilities (if the tenants are not paying for them)
- Travel: To the house and associated companies managing the property
- Environment energy saving technologies
If you are looking for an accountant or thinking of changing your current accountant because they do not understand property investing and tax implications then please Click Here To Book an “Initial Free Consultation”.